Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-09 01:00:53
John R. Levine wrote:
Most web mail systems have a spam or junk button that lets a user
report unwanted mail to his ISP.  The ISP does whatever it does,
typically tune their spam filters, and perhaps send a feedback report
if the message is from someone with whom they have an FBL agreement.

Lots of us don't use web mail.  We use POP or IMAP to pick up our
mail, and SUMBIT to send it.  How would we add a spam button in our
MUAs work?
Spamassassin and other filters are using mailboxes for training
spam/non-spam.  An add on for Thunderbird which automates sending to
these at a click of a button or builds into Thunderbird's spam marking
system would make spam reporting to baysian filters faster.  If we're
looking towards LART'ing this should ALWAYS be done manually.  Automated
e-mail sent to people that don't want it is the problem, creating more
based on a broken research script isn't the solution.

Andrew