Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-09 01:42:51

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, John R. Levine wrote:

Most web mail systems have a spam or junk button that lets a user report unwanted mail to his ISP. The ISP does whatever it does, typically tune their spam filters, and perhaps send a feedback report if the message is from someone with whom they have an FBL agreement.

Feedback is going to be controversial in this group.

The first thing I would like to see was for email clients to automatically include headers for all mail forwarded to "postmaster" or "abuse". I have never gotten a complaint about incoming spam mail that included headers and it is generally difficult to instruct users, given the multiplicity of clients.

Daniel Feenberg