Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-10 05:23:33

--On 9 December 2009 20:26:10 +0000 John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Feedback is going to be controversial in this group.

I don't see why.

The first thing I would like to see was for email clients to
automatically  include headers for all mail forwarded to "postmaster" or
"abuse".

Let's assume that any reports sent by SMTP are in ARF format which (when
implemented correctly) includes the entire message at issue.

I think that was a suggestion orthoganol to the issue at discussion. It's not about use of a "spam" button, but about any message forwarded to "postmaster", for any purpose.

But, ARF formatted reports would achieve this when the spam button is hit.

R's,
John

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex