Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-09 19:24:19
Short of a mythical global reputation system, I don't see how one could
divert reports to forwarders without also diverting them to spammers who
pretend to be forwarders.

Easy: as the end user, I _know_ which sites I _told_ to forward for
me.

Indeed, but explaning that to your spam button seems unlikely to be
something that a normal mail user could reasonably configure.  One
could propose some auto-configure thing, but now we're back to how to
tell who's lying when they offer auto-configure stuff.

That's beside the point, though. What is the disadvantage of sending
reports to spammers? If there is a disadvantage, how is that different
to the current FBL state of the art?

I took Seth's suggestion to be to report to the forwarder rather than
directly to the ISP.  Sending it to both would be fine, give or take
issues of malicious misconfigurations mailbombing innocents.

R's,
John