Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-09 15:32:23
On 12/9/09 9:28 PM, John Levine wrote:

The problem is much trickier than that.

If the mail is forwarded at the user's request (e.g. college alumni
forwarding-only addresses), then the server to report it to is the one
that received it from outside the user's forwarding chain.

The web mail systems haven't solved that problem, so I don't think we
need to, either.  Any forwarder of any size has FBLs set up, so it will
get reports about forwarded mail via the target system.  That works OK
for me.

Short of a mythical global reputation system, I don't see how one could
divert reports to forwarders without also diverting them to spammers who
pretend to be forwarders.

+1

--
Professional System & Network Sarcazzer