Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-15 22:56:26
In the right conditions will act as an unsubscribe button -

Correct me if I'm wrong - by the right conditions I understand that you mean
cases where the List-Unsubscribe header is present in the email. While this
is a good option, Gmail's implementation of this leaves some things to be
desired.

If you look at the screenshot in the post above, there is no just
"Unsubscribe" button - it's "Report Spam" or  "Unsubscribe and Report Spam".
In an update to the same post, Google clarifies that

If you want to unsubscribe without reporting the message as spam, click
"show details" in the top-right corner of the message, then click
"Unsubscribe from this sender."

If it's not among the visible options, people are not going to use it - they
are just going to click on the visible buttons (and mark it as spam).

But it's a start.

- Hrish
--
I dare to disturb the universe.