Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-17 13:35:12
There's a difference between having an "A or B" bit, and having separate "A"
and "B" bits that may be muddled.  If you don't know the right way to interpret
the two bits, then the single bit is potentially much less misleading.

But as I said, this is something that could really be resolved by empirical
study, and I'd prefer not to trust my intuition or anyone else's if we can
figure out the facts about how people would actually use two buttons.  If the
error rate is low enough, then two buttons will make sense, but I've rarely
managed to underestimate the competence of the average user.   Two buttons is
way more than twice as confusing as one, in this case.  -- Nathaniel