[Asrg] Spam button scenarios

2010-02-08 00:29:20
Here's some scenarios in which I'm not sure what the best thing is to do.

A) User has multiple incoming accounts, presses the spam button, and the outbound MSA doesn't match the incoming account. Hence the report goes via unrelated third parties that might snoop on it. Do we care? The user has said it's spam, after all.

B) Assume a model in which the spam reporting address is determined per account, e.g., fetched from the POP or IMAP server via an extension. The user for whatever reason moves a message from account A into the IMAP mailbox for account B and then hits the spam button, which sends the report to B, even though the message was from A. Do we care? It's the user's fault, although I can think of some simple configurations that would cause that, e.g., MUA based spam filter that puts all the junk into the Junk folder on the first IMAP account.

C) I have a Gmail account and a Yahoo account. The Gmail account is set up to fetch my Yahoo mail so I can see it all in one place. I use Gmail's IMAP server to read my mail. (I really do this, by the way.) I hit the spam button. Who should get the report?

 1) Gmail since that's who I picked it up from
 2) Yahoo since that's where the spam was sent
 3) Gmail but they should also forward the report to Yahoo

R's,
John