Re: [Asrg] Spam button scenarios

2010-02-08 09:05:25
A) User has multiple incoming accounts, presses the spam button, and the
outbound MSA doesn't match the incoming account.  Hence the report goes
via  unrelated third parties that might snoop on it.  Do we care?  The
user has  said it's spam, after all.

The user trusts his good outgoing mail to that MTA - why should she not
trust her spam to the same MTA?

It's a different case. We're sending email to an address at that MTA, and
drawing attention to it.

The main problem here, though, is that the user thinks they're reporting
spam, but in fact they're generating it.

No, no.  I was assuming that the user was sending reports to a reasonable
address, not one made up from the name it uses to find its POP or IMAP
server.  (See other threads for why that's hopeless.)  The question is
whether it's a problem that the spam report takes a detour through someone
else's mail system on its way.

R's,
John