Re: [Asrg] Spam Salt, an email sender authentication mechanism

2010-09-28 01:41:33
The idea is [...]
[...problems...]
Is there any chance new people with some ideas could be given some
quarter and perhaps some mentoring by those of us who've been around
for a while rather than bullied into putting their innovative
energies elsewhere?

As someone else who wrote up a few criticisms of SpamSalt, I've got two
points to make here.

One, if you - or anyone else - want to implement spamsalt - or anything
else - and try it out, go for it.  Hard data beats speculation, even
well-informed speculation, every time.  (Well, in this case, if you're
in the USA, you may need a patent license.  I'm no lawyer.)

Two, that said, there is such a thing as avoiding reinventing the
square wheel for the 83rd time only to discover, for the 83rd time,
that it doesn't roll at all well.

Which is a better match for this situation?  I think #2 is.  But I
could be wrong.  It's happened often enough before and will again.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org