Re: [Asrg] Collecting IP reputation data from many people

2010-10-22 17:14:21
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 03:19:47PM -0400, Darxus(_at_)ChaosReigns(_dot_)com
wrote:
(about Credence)
That's interesting, but hard to apply.  I can't really give everyone a
custom list of reputation data only using data from other people with whom
theirs highly correlates.  Well, maybe I could try.  Probably insane
though.

Agreed, it *is* hard to apply.  Maybe even insane.  One of the daunting
parts of a task like this is the scope of the problem: the universes of
(IPv4 addresses), (IPv6 addresses), (observations), and (reports)
are all pretty big; and (reporters) might need to be fairly large
in order to be effective.  That's a lot of data of questionable
provenance to juggle, and while some of what's been learned via
Credence may help, I don't think it's a full solution.  I just thought
it might be useful to consider their approach and see if any parts
of it lend themselves to this.

---Rsk