Re: [Asrg] What is Reputation Service

2011-01-26 10:52:48
Dotzero <dotzero(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM, John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net> wrote:

In the Internet, reputation can change in a few milliseconds.

And this goes straight to one of the big issues with any discussion
that uses the term "reputation". I'm going to disagree with you John
when you argue that everyone gets to define what reputation is in
their own way.

   I really don't know how to stop them...

If this were the case then any discussion of reputation is meaningless.

   If you believe that, I strongly urge you to stop trying.

We need a common definition. Do you get to choose what you mean when
you say IP Address?

   To the degree that some of us mean IPv4 only, yes. :^(

What you or anyone else gets to define for yourself are the attributes
that surround your use of the word reputation. That is, the
implementation that utilizes reputation.

   IMHO, any Reputation service _necessarily_ gets to define what it
means by "reputation".

   (Otherwise, I see no reason to use any particular one.)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>