Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07 [re-send]

2011-03-01 18:13:04
On 1 Mar 2011, at 11:28, Matt Sergeant wrote:

Neil Schwartzman wrote:
<aol> +1, and agreed. Heck, I may have even been the person to suggest this clause, some years ago at the IRTF meeting when the ASRG was resurrected. Charging for delisting is just plain bad business.
The original wording was designed to cover this, it said (and jeez, this was back in 2003!): " If all things listed in your criteria for listing are cleared up then there should be no reason to not remove the IP address. No /extra/ rules for de-listing.". We simply made it more explicit (and better English).

That bit (2.2.4) is properly distinct from the CoI/payment bit (2.2.5) because there can be both inherent and prudent forms of hysteresis/asymmetry between listing criteria and delisting criteria.