Re: [Asrg] Rough consensus on pay to delist

2011-03-04 11:37:13
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:

Note that in the US they're protected by 47 US 230 which says they can
do anything they want so long as there's a plausible good faith basis
for doing so.  Case law confirms that making mistakes does not mean
you weren't acting in good faith.

Feel free to point me at some reading materials to answer this question, but:

Isn't that statement contradictory to what happened to MAPS?

I don't recall that 47 US 230 was the basis of any action against
MAPS; plaintiffs tended to cite violations of various anti-trust or
anti-competitive statutes. In any event, I don't recall an instance in
which plaintiff ultimately prevailed on the merits. Prevailed, yes; on
the merits, no.

All the best,
Andrew. (ex-MAPSter)