Re: [Asrg] Rough consensus on pay to delist

2011-03-04 13:47:21
On 3/2/11 11:47 AM, Andrew Kirch wrote:
 ... After being harassed and sued by a spammer, that legal defense
 fund SORBS was running came to my aid big time. I for one support
 these measures. DNSBL operators open themselves to huge legal
 liability, even when protected by 47 USC 230 (at least in the United
 States). Denying them _ANY_ method of revenue generation is quite
 frankly wrong, and THAT leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Quite
 frankly I believe the entire section is far outside of the scope of a
 BCP document.

Agreed.

There might also be two-factor authentication techniques, that could rely upon SMS for example) which might be seen as a charge. How one supports a service should be stated, but not dictated as MUSTs by this BCP.

Unfortunately, the basis upon much of the practices advocated are likely to prove unworkable in the near future. As such, there are far too many MUSTs.

Also RFC330 should be updated to RFC5735.

-Doug