Re: [Asrg] misconception in SPF

2012-12-11 11:52:14

On Dec 11, 2012, at 12:45 AM, Martijn Grooten wrote:

Does that imply that most, or even a relevant percentage of them [block SPF
fails]?

No. I know some do, but I think it's a minority. (Among commercial
spam-filters used mainly by corporations, that is. It could be that some of
the larger ISPs block SPF fails outright, which would skew the picture.)

I know no major ISP that reject a mail for a SPF fail.

In fact, I'm getting multiple reports from clients and random senders this week
that Hotmail is now sending out SPF failure emails to domains publishing DMARC
records.

laura

--
Laura Atkins   laura(_at_)carrotcafe(_dot_)com

   "If you do not choose to lead, you will forever be led by others.
   Find what  scares you and do it. And you *can* make a difference,
   if you choose to do so." JMS