[ietf-clear] Re: Make CSV backwards compatible with legacy SPF records?

2004-11-15 07:21:15
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:15:34 -0500, Carl Hutzler wrote:
? Only reason we are testing the SPF record against the HELO is for
? a test. We do not know one way or another if this is a good idea
? to implement on a wider scale or not. It is usually better to have
? different DNS statements/configs for different things and HELO is
? very different from an email domain in the 822 or 821 mailfrom
? headers. So my engineering background would say it is better to
? have separate ones.

? But since no one is publishing CSV records yet (including
? me....bad me), we have to start somewhere.

Thanks for the followup.  Let me make the request more clear.  It was not meant
as a challenge; indeed your ready willingness to try anything that folks think
might be useful -- no matter how crazy some of us might think it -- is pretty
cool.

The request is for the technical details of what exactly you will look for and
what semantic you will apply.  In other words, the request is for something
like a specification, rather than a rationale.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking