[clear] DNA Recommendation field: Separate Unknown, Neutral, and Retracted values

2005-03-08 11:03:23
The real difference is in the relationship between a query's target and
the reputation/accrediting service.

Reputation is based on observations. It's unofficial. There isn't
necessarily any relationship between a query's target and the reputation
service.

Accreditation is based on an "official" relationship between a query's
target and the accrediting service.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Carl S. Gutekunst wrote:
I like this. Is there a clear published definition of the difference
between "accreditation" and "reputation" anywhere? Even here at Habeas
people regularly use the terms inconsistently. I think this distinction
of a relationship between sender and accreditor (and closing the loop)
is fundamental. I see discussion on the list back in October, but it
would be a Good Thing to capture this in the DNA spec.