[clear] DNA Recommendation field: Separate Unknown, Neutral, and Retracted values

2005-03-08 14:05:27
Tony Hansen wrote:

The real difference is in the relationship between a query's target
and the reputation/accrediting service.

Yes, we all understand that here, but lots of folks outside this list do
not. I'm just suggesting that it would be useful to state this
difference, perhaps within the DNA spec, especially because DNA itself
alludes to reputation:

      Clients SHOULD list more than one accreditation service, so
      that it is likely at least one service will be acceptable to a
      receiving SMTP server that is making the query.  Indeed, it is
      likely that some direct accreditation services will develop a
      reputation for being "spam-friendly" and be considered worthless
      for reputation purposes.

<csg>