Re: [ietf-dkim] on DKIM as an anti-spam measure

2005-08-17 14:51:37

The question that gets asked here is: what problem are you trying to solve?

in effect, you're asking me to do the analysis for my threat model. *

No, he's asking what problem you're trying to solve.  If you say a bunch
of things are important, you must have something in mind to do with them.

it's a reasonable request, but not something I can do within the
timeframe that people seem to expect responses to email messages.

I would be quite happy with a one or two sentence summary, along the lines
of "I often want to do foo with incoming mail and I need the list of
relays so I can do bar to/with/for/against it."

Even though I have been running mail systems for about 15 years, I have
trouble thinking of times when I would have a use for the path history
beyond the original source of the message and the last hop as it arrived
at my network, other than perhaps for forensics to help someone else
figure out how his mail system was screwed up.

R's,
John