Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: An overview of cryptographic protocols to preventspam

2005-09-25 22:50:05
John Levine wrote:
[http://eprint.iacr.org/2005/329.pdf]

About 640 KB PDF. it cannot be displayed by AcroReader 3.0
(obscure problem to extract an embedded font).  Bye, Frank

Ghostview, xpdf, or any version of Acrobat reader released in the
past three years should handle it fine.
Thanks.

Note on the first page: I'd skip the comment about content labels.  In
the few places they've been tried (Korea, most notably) they've been a
resounding failure, and there's no point in encouraging people to
waste time thinking about them.
Thanks for the feedback. Reference to that experiment (Korea) would be appreciated.

I agree that labeling seems difficult to deploy. However, I think that when there is a widely accepted label, e.g. ADV in subject line, then sending appropriate content (advertisements) with this label is an acceptable practice. Therefore, I do not regard this as spam. Such well-labeled email can be easily filtered, of course, and most recipients (and maybe mail servers) may do so. Do you object and if so, why?

In any case, may I suggest you respond to me privately or in an appropriate forum e.g. asrg, since I think content labels are not part of DKIM (of course DKIM can be applied to sign such labels).
--
Best regards,

Amir Herzberg

Associate Professor