[ietf-dkim] Re: is this a problem or not?

2005-10-29 16:33:59
Earl Hood wrote:

the end-user may have little "real" choice.

That's the time when being support@ must be interesting. <eg>

For unrelated reasons I've done that (new address) once,
took me almost a year, and in two cases I never managed
to replace the old address (it still works, but I check
it rarely).

the cost of changing providers is high and cumbersome.

Indeed, but not impossible, if you do it incrementally.
Ordinary users of a domain are always screwed if the
owner changes the rules.  Features like DKIM (or SPF)
"per-user-policies" might be nice, but expensive.  It
is also a technical challenge, as William eplained it.

Reply-to is limited.

Yes, better reserve it for special cases requiring a
manual interventions, and don't (ab)use it as default-
bypass for whatever.

 [in another article]
| Gmail does the following when using an alternate From:

| From: user(_at_)example(_dot_)com
| Sender: usersgmailname(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

Apparently a case of 2476(bis) 8.1 "may add sender" in
preparation for PRA.  What would they do if there is
already a Sender set by the submitter ?

                        Bye, Frank