Re: [ietf-dkim] A potential problem with SSP bound to From

2005-10-29 18:22:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>

The problem is the email service provider may not be able to DKIM sign
messages sent out by such users since the domain in the rfc2822.From
does not match the sending domain.

If you believe that SSP is useful at all (I'm not sure I do, but let's
assume for the moment that we do), that's not a problem, that's SSP
doing what it's supposed to do.  If I am prettybigbank.com, I probably
do not want my employees sending mail from Gmail using their work
return address.

Right, prettybigbank.com is not only protecting itself from exploitation but
the OA (From:) domain owner as well.  Everyone is a winner.