Re: [ietf-dkim] A potential problem with SSP bound to From

2005-10-30 20:51:24
On October 29, 2005 at 20:25, "Hector Santos" wrote:

I don't see the problem here.  I'm thinking PROTOCOL LOGIC here.  In other
words, what will it take to make it DKIM work.

I understand the protocol logic, and what you have written should
be part of some DKIM-related document since domains will have to
enact policies beyond signing and verification.

I've been trying to emphasize things from the end-user perspective,
not just the domain perspective, which I was more explicit in another
post and not my OP for this thread.

We can all come up with scenarios where a domain is justified in
imposing an EXCLUSIVE policy.

The problem is if EXCLUSIVE policy can be abused by domains that
have a noticable negative effect on end-users and their ability
to use email in certain, non-malicious, ways.  As I have noted in
a different post, email service providers could enable EXCLUSIVE.
This is a risky business decision, but it is possibility, and with
some providers having a large user base, there may business interests
in favor of enabling EXCLUSIVE.

I consider this a threat.  A threat to end-users.  A threat that
DKIM has created where end-users may suddenly be restricted on
the use of their email address or risk their messages from never
getting delivered.

--ewh