Re: [ietf-dkim] Review of draft-fenton-dkim-threats-01

2005-10-31 07:57:40
John Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> writes:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. The reason you
should consider these issues isn't that they're my opinion or that I
have some authority to make you do so, but rather that (IMHO) the
issues are worth considering. Since I explained the issues in a fair
amount of detail, I figure people can make their own assessment on
this point.

We did.  This is a rehash of old arguments. The consensus has always
been what I said, there's no reputation system that's anywhere near
ready to standardize, and DKIM is plenty useful as is since we have
specific useful applications in mind.

So you say, but IMO the arguments have never been addressed
adequately.

I realize that people find it frustrating to have to explain
themselves repeatedly, but I'm pretty familiar with the available
literature and analysis on DKIM and I don't feel that it's
adequate. If there's something that you'd like me to read that you
think does a good job, I'd appreciate a pointer. However, in the
absence of that analysis, it's not clear to me what the importance of
that consensus is.

-Ekr