Re: [ietf-dkim] Review of draft-fenton-dkim-threats-01

2005-10-30 08:25:51
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. The reason you
should consider these issues isn't that they're my opinion or that I
have some authority to make you do so, but rather that (IMHO) the
issues are worth considering. Since I explained the issues in a fair
amount of detail, I figure people can make their own assessment on
this point.

We did.  This is a rehash of old arguments.  The consensus has always
been what I said, there's no reputation system that's anywhere near
ready to standardize, and DKIM is plenty useful as is since we have
specific useful applications in mind.

Either DKIM will do something useful or it won't, and that's
independent of the time when the question of its usefulness was
raised.

Right.  Could you explain why you aren't willing to consider the
opinions of people who run rather large actual mail system when
answering this question?  (No, I don't mean me, although I also
anticipate it being useful on my small 50K msg/day system.)

R's,
John