Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM proposed charter tweak

2005-11-02 12:07:01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>
To: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>;
"Michael Thomas"

From RFC 2821, 7.1 Mail Security and Spoofing

 This specification does not further address the authentication issues
 associated with SMTP other than to advocate that useful functionality
 not be disabled in the hope of providing some small margin of
 protection against an ignorant user who is trying to fake mail.

We don't want to repeat this mistake with DKIM. It is best we "Get this
right, the first time."

This is follow up.  I didn't think this was necessary, I don't want people
not familiar with the term "Getting it right, The first Time" to think I am
a hard core engineer who waste time trying to achieve perfection.  No, not
at all. It is a QA philosophy. Google it if you (speaking in general) are
not familiar with it.  "Getting it right, The first Time" is not just a cute
euphemism.   It is mindset in product development of doing your possible
best (including ethical best) at the earliest in order to reduce costly
belated issues down the road.

My apology if I cited the known obvious to you.