Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM proposed charter tweak

2005-11-03 17:34:59
Hector, I like your table, but I hope you are viewing this as input into the working group rather than as a precondition for creating the working group. And to be clear, I'm fine with including advice to deployers about how to react in the scope of the WG.

Like several others here, I'm concerned that we're being nudged toward doing an unusual amount of work before chartering. The most obvious of this is the Threat Analysis, which seems to be a moving target with no sign that it is going to stabilize in my lifetime. If we're also being told that we have to specify the verifier behavior as a precondition for chartering then I suspect that we'll end up being told to essentially write all the documents before we're allowed to charter. Which is I guess one way to make it both the shortest and the longest WG on record simultaneously.

eric