Re: [ietf-dkim] Email-address independent of signing-domain DKIM charter

2005-11-07 05:32:47
On 11/06/2005 17:35, Douglas Otis wrote:
On Nov 5, 2005, at 9:16 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
However, the best way to gauge this probably is for you to specify
the text that you propose to have changed in the charter.

While there appears to be some support for imposing a requirement
that From header always be associated with the transmitting domain,
there is a lack of appreciation that an open-ended authorization
becomes the target of abuse.  ...

If you change lack of appreciation to lack of agreeing with you that this is
the end of the world, I suppose that's not to far off.

There is an alternative to that approach.  This alternative should
provide far greater abatement of abuse with a charter as follows:

snipped for brevity

I think this would be a really bad idea.  I like the current draft charter a
lot better.

Scott K