Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: The Value of Reputation

2006-01-04 13:27:51
Nick Nicholas wrote:

Jim makes some excellent points and raises several interesting avenues
of discussion which I would love to pursue.  However, is the DKIM
mailing list the proper forum for doing so?  It was my understanding
that the main item on the table at this time is finalizing the threats
document.  Other venues where it might be better to discuss the topics
Jim raises could be the Anti-Spam Research Group's Identity,
Authentication and Reputation subgroup, or the "dia-blog" associated
with the Open Reputation System project.  The former is quite moribund,
and John Levine is pleading for some activity there.  The ORS dia-blog,
OTOH, is somewhat more active.

Information about the ASRG IAR can be found at
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/iar.shtml.  The ORS dia-blog is at
http://ors.blogs4change.org/.  If you are interested in becoming a
designated "author" on the ORS dia-blog please let me know and I will
put you in touch with the person who can enable that for you.

As I said in a later message that I sent only to the main IETF list and
not to ietf-dkim, I also think ietf-dkim is the wrong place to discuss
reputation protocols.  Thanks for the pointers; I wasn't aware of ORS.

-Jim