Re: [ietf-dkim] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-fenton-dkim-threats-02.txt]

2006-01-06 00:27:56
Jim Fenton wrote:
I'll stipulate that accountability may be the wrong word.  However, your
rewording doesn't pick up the concept that the domain registration may
be fraudulent, and in that case I don't think it's properly assigning
accountability.  I was trying to convey that there is a dependency here
that puts an upper bound (a rather low upper bound, at that) on the
ability to identify the domain owner of a properly signed message.

How about the following:

    DKIM's ability to identify a domain owner is [also] bounded by
whatever checks a registration authority imposes.

Eliot