Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: DKIM and mailing lists

2006-01-20 20:26:22
Given mantra #1, I think we can give Lists very simple guidance:

 o preferably use DKIM to verify submissions
 o add List-ID - as all good Lists are doing now
 o DKIM sign the content so as to include List-ID

Oh, the point I forgot to mention here is that with this guidance, in
many[1] cases simple List software does not need to make *any* change
to participate.

All that needs to happen is that the out-going mail system - that has
to be changed to sign anyway - recognizes the presence of List-ID and
sign for the mail accordingly.

Mark.

[1] BY many cases I mean the simple List s/w that relies on a regular
MTA to do the delivery, I understand that a good amount of specialized
List s/w manages deliveries directly and they indeed would have to
change.