Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM and mailing lists

2006-01-21 10:33:37

J>> At the end, I can't identify the reason why a mailing should add a
signature to a message, may be because I didn't understand how third
party signature can be used with a signer (i=) different from the
message Sender. Also I can't see how MUA could deal with message with
multiple From: . It is definitively not a common usage and it will not
be accepted by users because it suppose some modification in MUA.
We should stay away from multiple From: addresses; MUA behavior is
inconsistent (we have done a few experiments).

Jim,

What do you mean "stay away from"? Multiple From addresses are legal and gets used occasionally, with existing MUAs.

Unless DKIM is going to attempt to change RFC2822 rules, we cannot have DKIM fail to handle a legal header case.

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking