[ietf-dkim] terminology (was: DKIM and mailing lists)

2006-01-25 09:40:06
Douglas Otis wrote:

And do you really mean MDA, not maybe MRN ?

The MDA signature role could encompasses any receiving MTA
within the receiving AdmD.  I am not sure if that is the
same as the MRN.

I mentioned MRN because checking is better done at the border
in the case of a reject, and with out-sourced MXs the MXs do
not belong to the same "AU" as the MDA (different admins).

If Dave's new term "AdmD" somehow covers everything from MX
to MDA no matter how it's organized we probably mean the same
thing.  In one diagram "AdmD" it was apparently the same as
"AU", only a new acronym defined elsewhere.  Of course there's
a good chance that I never understood his "AU" term correctly.

                           Bye, Frank