Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Attempted summary

2006-01-23 19:44:57

From: "Frank Ellermann" <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>

Stephen Farrell wrote:

- SSP was suggested as being a useful check to make during
subscription processing. (Although there was no feedback on
the suggestion, or else I missed it.)

When I talked about "SSP of the day" I had that in mind.  The
SSP might change.  If that would require to change many list
subscriptions it woul be messy.  Hector's proposal boils down
to "never change the SSP if it affects too many subscriptions".

hmmmmmm, I guess that falls in line with:

    "Thou should never change your email address, once you
     subscribe or give it to anyone for that matter!"

Although its a valid point Frank, I wasn't thinking in this way.

What is more important is that the mail service XYZ checks that address
during any form of a signup process. For a LS, that's a subscription
process.

Today, you do it with a confirmation.  My input only suggest that a
Domain SSP check is added as part of this confirmation process.  That's
all.

Today, a LS system might run a monthly or some timed event to check
addresses. It might include a SSP check during this process.

Not a big deal :-)