Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Attempted summary

2006-01-24 10:29:57

I think I like this approach - keeping stuff off the critical path
to the extent possible, but I'm a bit unclear as to where the
suggested boundary is here. Maybe the answer to this questions will
help me out:

Does #1 above include specification of *a* way for a mailing list
to add its signature to an already signed message, s.t. there is a
chance that both signatures can verify at the end-recipient's MTA.
(I can imagine that there'll be variations on how to do this, but
I assume that any such variations would be off the critical path.)

Suggested "process" heuristic for this sort of issue:

Generate two or three different multi-signature test scenarios and make sure we believe/know they can work. Keep the debate about the selection of scenarios limited. They merely have to look reasonable; they don't have to be comprehensive.

Defer all other work on multiple signatures.

d/
--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking