Re: Attempted summary (was: Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM and mailing lists)

2006-01-23 13:44:35

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Otis" <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

On Jan 23, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Hector Santos wrote:

Right, so there are 3 designs a LS can take when
content modifications is desired by the list admin:

  - Strip, No Resign  (NEUTRAL, WEAK)
  - Strip, Resign    (NEUTRAL)
  - Resign  (NEUTRAL, STRONG)

This appears this is using terminology that does not exist in the SSP
draft, and related to a dropped policy described here as (NEUTRAL,
WEAK), 'o=?'.

I believe the consensus has preliminary accepted the easier to
communicate terms in technical conversation, in fact, it appeared in the
last IETF meeting PowerPoint presentations by  Eric and Jim, I believe.

WEAK was proposed by Arvel to be added to SSP. I don't think it was part
of the original SSP draft.

I haven't checked the latest drafts, so I don't know anything about it
was added or "dropped policy."   Are you making things up again? <g>