Re: [ietf-dkim] Attempted summary, SSP again

2006-01-30 19:35:47
Hector Santos wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Fenton" <fenton(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

Please don't overreact.  I would have spoken up sooner if I had
understood the disconnect and if I thought that your interpretation

was

as broken as you seem to think it is.  I think only minor adjustments
are necessary.

In this chart produced over 6 months ago, you, Eric and among others all
indicated a "I like this chart" statement:

What I said (http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2005q4/001242.html)
was:
I really like Hector's table, and the terminology he has introduced to
make it easier to talk about the SSP policies.  I think we still need
to talk through the specifics of the table once we get chartered, as
there will be some disagreement over the content of specific cells.
For example, I'm not convinced of the utility of the "weak" policy.
But that's good stuff to address once we get chartered.
So I don't think I'm contradicting myself, and I don't think we need to
work out the details for the -threats document, which is our current focus.

So for the logic to be correct, it would more closely follow:

       "SSP is for unsigned mail and 3rd party signed mail."

This aligns with my view of SSP, and the non-requirement to consult SSP
if there is a valid originator address signature.

-Jim