Re: [ietf-dkim] Attempted summary, SSP again

2006-01-27 12:59:12

Hi Phil,

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
telling them that
their point should not be debated yet serves no useful purpose.

Except perhaps when the debate has degenerated so quickly as
happened in this case.

As the rest of your mail discusses, there's work to be done on
policy but we don't want get sidetracked there (yet:-).

The charter is very clear on the order of our milestones and
on the fact that the threats draft is a pre-requisite before
base or ssp, quoting the threats milestone:

  "IESG approval of this document is a prerequisite for the
  submission of the standards-track specifications."

(To be fair though, Hector is one of the few posters who
has already commented the threats draft.)

Stephen.