RE: [ietf-dkim] Attempted summary, SSP again

2006-01-28 15:40:57
Hector,

* The domain name owner can decide the importance of edge
  cases such as mail that does not pass through the
  approved gateways.

Ok, but by doing so, he puts a burden on the edge software too. In order
words, should we be responsible in maintain the domain security?

If a bad actor gets an account behind my domain, sets up dkim signing locally
on his machine then spews spam to the net what will that do to the reputation
of the ISP? Edge software will need to be aware and target such bad actors.
thanks,
Bill