Re: [ietf-dkim] another try at my question on options in TXT records

2006-02-20 18:13:29

We allow extra options to be specified in a DKIM-Signature header, but
do not allow extra options to be specified in a DKIM TXT record. (I
don't recall this being discussed before, but just may not remember it.)
Should we? If not, how would we do upwardly-compatible changes without
requiring multiple DNS entries for both an old and new entry?

I liked Arvel's response.

1. Additional options may be defined later.

2. A validator that does not recognize a particular option MUST ignore it.

d/

--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking