RE: [ietf-dkim] agenda item on upgrading hash algorithms?

2006-02-22 19:21:54

[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Mark Delany

Me three. As a long-time implementor I suck at getting
un-exercised code right. I'd much prefer agility to be
essential to a day one deployment, as it'll otherwise never work.

The only downside is that this does render the legacy base obsolete. But
this is probably not such a great hardship. It might even be a benefit
as people are more likely to upgrade for higher security.

The only concern I have here is if moving to SHA 256 might create
problems with crypto acceleration hardware. I don't think it should, the
hash is usually done on thehost processor rather than the cryptobox, but
I would be happier if folk could confirm that this is the case.