Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Concerns about DKIM and mailiing lists, etc.

2006-03-16 09:26:13
>> Every piece of mail I've sent this morning has validated. Really.
>
> That's because it was all Re: and already had the subject line tag.
> It's your lucky day.

I'm not sure that's correct. The l= in Mike's signatures takes care of the bits appended by the list to the end. The z= subject value can be used by verifiers to take care of the subject munging this list performs. The verifier then simply replaces the subject text with the value from z= that was signed. That's one way of solving the mailing list subject munging problem.

--
Arvel