Re: [ietf-dkim] 1193 considered harmful

2006-03-22 10:06:22
In fact, as I recall at the Cisco DKIM summit, the recommendation for
those wanting to experiment with implementations now was to use
allman-01 as the draft was expected to be in a state of flux and have
a number of further refinements over coming versions. In short,
everyone was expecting that it would change as the WG moved focus from
threats to base.

Mark,

There is a difference between noting that the IETF specification is in flux, versus predicting that the IETF will produce a final specification that breaks the ability to have a signer who uses the pre-ietf spec be validated by an implementor of the post-ietf draft.

So far, we have not modified DKIM to cause this breakage. The current proposal will cause this breakage.

We should not break the pre-ietf to post-ietf interoperability without extremely good cause.

d/
--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking