Re: [ietf-dkim] 1193 considered harmful

2006-03-22 21:16:38
Would it be possible/wise to just not do this incompatible change when signing with sha1? Since we are not going to recommend sha1 as the hash alg in the ietf-dkim product anyway and since all the pre-ietf dkim signers and verifiers all use sha1 why not just skip this change completely when using sha1? Does that create a ton of problems that I'm not seeing? Perhaps it's not desirable to have the base spec document two separate ways to hash messages (one when using sha1 and another when using anything else).

--
Arvel