Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for specifying syntax and semantics for multiple signatures

2006-03-31 14:16:10
Mark Delany wrote:
I agree that 'simple' is the easiest - in the original DomainKeys
drafts there was a sample perl implementation that took 4 or 5 lines
of code. Unfortunately because sendmail milter has a bug (that SMI
have promised to fix) some of those who are bound by milter
implementations want to bias the specification to match up with the
limitation of milter.

I expect that most of us have moved well beyond that sort of
mono-culture mentality, and I know the SMI folk are *not* the ones
pushing for this constraint, but nonetheless, it seems to live on in
pockets.

Sendmail milter is not the only interface with this problem. There is at
least one other that has the same problems as milter; I think it was
qmail but would have to look it up for certain.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com