Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for specifying syntax and semantics for multiple signatures

2006-03-31 16:40:55
Mark Delany wrote:

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 02:25:49PM -0800,
ned+dkim(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com allegedly wrote:

And let's please not forget that even if this got fixed tomorrow the amount of
time it takes to significantly deploy new MTA versions is very long - far
longer than we can afford to wait.

I'm confused. We expect wide-spread use of this protocol without
deploying new MTAs? That's quite the feat.
With milter, you don't have to upgrade your sendmail version. For us,
we'd probably have to go through a lot more contortions to get our
infosec folks to buy into a new sendmail version for our production
environment. Not undoable, but definitely harder.

My understanding is that other MTA's have similar plugin kinds of
capabilities too.

      Mike