Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for specifying syntax and semanticsformultiple signatures

2006-04-03 05:39:23
In particular, any attempt to include that sort of information in DKIM
is explicitly out of scope for this working group.

I thought we have moved on to SSP?  SSP is not out of scope. Correct? I am
referring to SSP to help answer many of these questions being raised,
including this thread about nth signatures and ambiguious mandate on how it
should be "Intepreted!"

Well, first, we're still focusing on the base, which is supposed to be done within two months now.

Second, even SSP does not aim to address the quality of the message or the trustworthiness of the signer. The closest it comes to that is that in the current formulation, the RFC822 From domain can advise the recipient that it would like them to be suspicious of messages that are not signed directly by it.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, Pervasive Computing Technology
(leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com)