RE: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Do the semantics first, then straw poll

2006-04-14 06:45:18
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Mark Delany

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:41:52PM -0400, Tony Hansen allegedly wrote:
Minor nit: #5 doesn't apply because it's explicitly
required to use up
to 40 bits.

I'm actually a bit surprised that this is even talked about.
As a decimal representation, the relevance to 32bit unsigned
integers is a little tenuous.

Never underestimate the ability of people to screw up.

In short, anyone who is still thinking 32bit in 2006 is
somewhat anti-diluvian.

Whats wrong with being opposed to floods? Or are you saying we should favor
global warming?

I think you mean ante-diluvian.

Well, the days may be numbered for x= anyway, but if some
sort of timestamp is needed in the future, then maybe make it
millisecs or decisecs since 1970 and force the >32bit issue?

Yep, or do minutes.