RE: [ietf-dkim] 2.1 Signers // Within an administrative domain?

2006-04-18 10:51:57
If a MUA is the signer I would hope it is within its own administrative
domain. I haven't seen one yet that was outside of its own domain.
Thanks,

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.
Alpharetta GA
404-847-6397
bill(_dot_)oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Douglas Otis
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:39 PM
To: IETF-DKIM
Subject: [ietf-dkim] 2.1 Signers // Within an administrative domain?

,---
| 2.1  Signers
| The key issue is that a message must be signed before it
| leaves the administrative domain of the signer.
'---

What is intended by this statement?  How does this relate to messages
signed by an MUA, which is not mentioned as a possible signer?  Is
this statement intended to preclude the use of MUA signed messages?

(Use of the word "key" appears to be a poor choice of words.)

-Doug